The Other Side Podcast Summary Episode 2, Know Thyself – The Power of Self Awareness
What is self awareness, and why does it matter? All Maxme human skills learning experiences start with six foundational skills, and self awareness is the jewel in that critical crown. By definition, self awareness is having a clear perception of your personality, including strengths, weaknesses, thoughts, beliefs, motivation, and emotions. Self Awareness allows you to understand other people, how they perceive you, your attitude and your responses to them in the moment. Thus, when it comes to optimising your employability, and ‘attractiveness’ to prospective employers, it’s not hard to see why self awareness – one of our favourite human skills – is a non-negotiable place to start!
Enriching careers mean thriving humans, and that’s the reason we exist! On our mission to help as many people as possible to thrive, we’re spreading the magic of human skills far and wide – through immersive apps, coaching, experiences and partnerships, but also through rich conversations.
The Other Side is a mini podcast series by Maxme where our Founder Renata (Ren) Sguario chats with recent graduate James Oana on the experience of making the leap from Uni to work, and thriving on the other side. Over 9 episodes (including a bonus intro chat), Ren and James cover Gen Z career building essentials like what makes a great CV, acing a job interview, seeking and giving feedback, the importance of self awareness, networking, body language and more.
Episode 2 of The Other Side, Know Thyself, is all about sharpening your understanding of self awareness, how to become more self aware, and how to leverage self awareness to land that dream job!
In under 40mins minutes, you’ll cover:
- What it means to have a strong sense of self awareness, and how to leverage it to your career-building advantage
- How to talk about about your strengths and weaknesses in an interview
- What is means to ‘be your own CEO’ – how to sell yourself (the product) to the interviewer (the buyer)
- The six critical human skills, and why they’re important
- How self awareness can help you find a great job, and thrive in the role once you land it!
- Ren’s personal experience with taking interviews – the benefits of talking openly and honestly about weaknesses
- How to talk about your strengths with humility
- Taking the time to build your strengths – get started NOW for free with Hodie app!
- Learning to ‘tell your story’ through a cover letter, and in interviews
- Taking the Maxme Strengths Survey via the first Self Awareness module in Hodie app, your human skills hero. Get started NOW for free with Hodie app!
- Jimmy’s ‘elevator pitch’ – four key points he wants to covery to the listener
- Self awareness through the lens of a corporate HR / graduate recruiting professional, Taryn
- Self awareness according to Taryn – vital in work and life
- Being authentic in interviews, ‘being true to who you are’
- To be successful in today’s rapidly changing workforce, professionals MUST have high self awareness in order to thrive in teams
- Top 3 ways to develop self awareness in order to ace a job interview.
Ready to listen and learn more about the magic of human skills?
Simply jump on in, start listening for FREE on your preferred podcast platform –
The Other Side on Spotify
The Other Side on Apple Podcasts
The Other Side on Listen Notes
The Other Side on PodBay.
Feedback to share on any of The Other Side episodes, or have an idea for a future topic?
Contact us anytime – we’d love to hear from you.